Are you aware of the different treatment options for missing teeth in your smile? If you currently have missing teeth, please don’t be tempted to ignore the gaps left behind. Missing teeth don’t just affect the “look” of your smile, they can also have serious consequences on the function of your smile as well.
To avoid the problems that can arise when teeth are lost, a dental bridge can be a viable option to bring back your smile. This non-removable restoration can restore your smile whether you are missing several teeth in a row or even just one.
Dr. Kyle M. Triggs at Dentist in Anchorage, AK | Alaska Dental Associates is happy to share some of the benefits of dental bridges for our patients in Anchorage, Alaska, with missing teeth. But first,
What Happens to Your Smile When Teeth Are Lost?
- Your smile suffers as the gaps stand out when you smile or speak.
- Your speech can be affected.
- You are more prone to gum disease and tooth decay.
- The remaining teeth in your mouth can shift.
- Your bite may be altered.
- If your bite is altered, you are susceptible to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) as your teeth are subjected to uneven pressure when chewing.
Our dentist offers dental bridges as one treatment option for our patients seeking to restore their smile after teeth are lost. This fixed restoration is created with two or more crowns for the remaining teeth on either side of the gap. Known as abutment teeth, these teeth anchor the false tooth which is placed in the gap.
To learn whether a dental bridge is the right option for your smile, please give our Dentist in Anchorage, AK | Alaska Dental Associates team a call at 907-562-2284 in Anchorage, Alaska, and schedule a consultation with our dentist. Dr. Kyle M. Triggs and our team look forward to helping you create the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve!