The more time we spend caring for our teeth, the greater the chance for successful oral health and hygiene. If you have had any oral accidents or tooth damage in the past, dental implants are an excellent service to consider for replacements.
If you have dental implants, caring for them is just as important as with your normal healthy natural teeth. Here are some helpful hints for caring for your dental implants:
– Stop smoking and chewing tobacco. Smoking can cause bone structure weakness, which can lead to your implants failing.
– Avoid all foods that may be too hard to chew. During the festive season, this includes giant candy canes, peppermint bark, or hard peanut brittle.
– Brush twice daily and floss once daily. Always make sure to clean all sides of each tooth and behind your last set in the back of your mouth.
– If you have any issues with your oral health, be sure to visit Alaska Dental Associates for an oral exam. Also, make sure to attend your regularly scheduled appointments.
– Do not chew on inedible items such as pens or pencils.
Dental implants can make your smile whole once more. To set up an appointment with Dr. Kyle M. Triggs, please call Alaska Dental Associates in Anchorage, Alaska at 907-562-2284. Fill in the empty spaces in your smile with dental implants today!