Gum disease is a serious smile destroyer. Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an extremely common, yet dangerous oral infection to your gum tissue. Gum disease is brought on by a variety of factors, including plaque buildup within our mouths, that if left untreated, can steadily damage your gums and cause irreparable tooth loss.
Prevent gum disease from destroying your smile by keeping track of the subsequent signs that may be taking place:
– Does it look like your gums are peeling back away from your teeth, exposing more of their roots?
– Do you frequently have loose teeth that appear wobbly?
– Do you continue to partake in bad habits for your oral health including smoking or chewing tobacco, or using drugs?
– Do your gums commonly bleed when eating food or brushing and flossing?
– Have you been prescribed any medications that include gum disease as a potential side effect?
– Do you suffer from habitual bouts of halitosis (bad breath) no matter how often you brush and floss?
– Do you have sensitive gums that seem swollen, tender to the touch, or are red and bleeding?
To schedule an oral exam for gum disease at Alaska Dental Associates, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Anchorage, Alaska, with Dr. Kyle M. Triggs and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 907-562-2284. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!