Do you ever dream of having a dazzling smile that shines from ear to ear? Have you ever looked at celebrities and wished you could have their smile? The truth is, a healthy, attractive smile is still possible to obtain without the need of cosmetic upgrades. Even your natural shine can impress if you give it the chance to. Are you ready for optimum oral health? If so, follow these toothbrush maintenance guidelines:
– If you share a living space with other people, to avoid cross-contamination, always keep toothbrushes separate and never share with each other.
– Always keep your toothbrushes free of encapsulated spaces, as they can harbor mold and other forms of bacteria.
– Make sure that your toothbrush is the correct size, fits easily in your mouth, has soft bristles to avoid damaging your gums or stripping away your tooth enamel, and is capable of reaching and cleaning all areas in your mouth.
– Replace your toothbrush four times a year or more often if necessary.
– After using your toothbrush, clean it off and keep it in a safe location.
For additional help with your progress, we invite you to schedule regular oral exams and professional cleanings at the dentist office of Alaska Dental Associates in Anchorage, Alaska. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Kyle M. Triggs, please call our office at 907-562-2284. Be sure to keep your toothbrush in tip top shape so it can keep your teeth healthy and your smile shining bright!